Thursday, February 25, 2010

Washing the Sheep

It may just be that it's late, but I can't help but think that I came up with a title that sounds much too dirty.

Anyway, Connor spent another fairly restless day with Leigh, but by the time I got home he was relaxing on the couch while Leigh was making dinner (Chocolate chip pancakes and turkey bacon. Brinner FTW!). After we ate, we got Connor into the bath and, while he idly munched on his toes, I turned my attention to my son's best friend.

Floppy spends a lot of time with various parts in the Spud's mouth. In the course of an hour, I've seen all four legs, the muzzle, both ears, and the tail spend time between the gums. He spends so much time in Connor's mouth, in fact, that even after he was left at the cabinet shop overnight, his ears were still wet in the morning.

Needless to say, he's gotten a bit dirty and his ears have taken on a concentrated baby-droll smell. So while Leigh took care of one side of Connor, I scrubbed away at Floppy.

Now clean but damp, Floppy is spending the rest of the night watching over Connor as he sleeps. His usual position in the crib has been filled in by Floppette. And tomorrow, when he's dry, he'll resume his usual place at his best friend's side.

1 comment:

  1. Every sheep should wear sunglasses if only to prevent ovine cataracts later in life.

    I was reading that white noise can be soothing to babies. I have a spare white noise machine I'll bring when your Dad and I come. If it doesn't do anything, you can use it for a doorstop. Love, WSM

    ReplyDelete