Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another Saturday night

It feels like I'm spending a lot of my blogging time writing about the same things. While Connor is growing rapidly and changing a little every day, the shifts are so subtle that they don't come out easily in the blog entries. But I made a promise to myself and damn it, I'm going to keep it.

Leigh had her normal Saturday morning activities to attend to and Connor wasn't down for his usual post-feeding nap, so I was up at about 7:30 AM to keep an eye on him. We had some good father/son time since Leigh also had a haircut scheduled and didn't get back until the afternoon. We had a good time, although I didn't get much accomplished. He did go down for a couple of 30 minute naps, which let me at least get my lunch and the dishes handled.

After Leigh got home, we spent some time relaxing as a family, then started getting ready for "Date Night". Leigh's father and step-mother had agreed to watch Connor (in truth, I think we could charge people to watch him instead of vice-versa, but...) so that the two of us could go out for a little while. We had a good time (a review will be coming tomorrow on my food blog), but every 20 or 30 minutes, we kept checking our phones to make sure that there weren't any calls coming in about the Spud.

When we got back, Connor was in a good mood. He had apparently fussed for a bit after we left, but it seems it was only gas. We got him home, changed him, fed him, and he passed right out. He's been quiet in his crib since then.

I still can't believe that I've got a child sometimes. But looking at him, watching him, and thinking about the way I feel every time I see him, I can't deny that he's my son. It's just weird to realize that I'm a father. I don't know how long it'll take to get used to the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment