Monday, February 15, 2010

Mr. Cranky Pants

Connor was definitely up and down today.

I had a lot of school work and some cooking to do today, so Leigh was watching him for most of the day. I think the high point was when we took a break and called my mother while Connor was playing on the floor in his room. He babbled at her for a while and she seemed very pleased. We also weighed him while we were on the phone. He's up to 17.8 pounds now.

He ate a full serving of rice cereal, too. His method is a little odd: he grabs the spoon and stuffs it in his mouth, then when I pull it out, he uses his fingers to slide the food into his mouth. But it mostly stays in his mouth and goes down into his belly, so who am I to complain?

This evening, he had a mood switch. He was fine while being carried around or while being helped to stand, but goodness forbid he lay down or sit down for even a few seconds. Leigh had asked me to watch him for a bit and by the end, my lower back was killing me.

He seems to go through these clingy periods every so often. I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but it could be a whole lot worse, so I won't gripe too much.

Anyway, it's late, so I should vamoose.

No comments:

Post a Comment