Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunday, fussy Sunday

Today was another fussy one for the Spud. For the most part he was in a good mood, but between the teeth getting ready to pop out and an extraordinary amount of gas, Connor quickly switched from smiles to howls.

Leigh had some things to do this afternoon, so I ended up watching Connor for a few hours. He managed to nap for about half an hour before she left and for a couple of minutes between bottles that I fed him. But when he woke up, he got all pissed off again.

I managed to find a way to keep him happy for almost an hour so that I could get some work done on a paper for one of my classes. Considering his fascination with the bright, swirling colors of the WMP visualizer and the value of storytime, I loaded an audio-book in mp3 format onto my PS3 and put Connor into a bouncy seat in front of it. Other than looking back at me and smiling a couple of times, it held his attention almost the entire time.

Once Leigh got back, Connor fed again and promptly passed out. We had been planning on bathing him tonight, but felt bad about waking him up. We gave him almost 2 hours, but other than opening his eyes once or twice, he stayed out. So we moved him to the crib and he's been snoozing since. We'll have to handle the bath tomorrow.

The teeth are definitely close to coming out. I can finally see them on the top of the gum line. I hope he settles down a bit after they come out. And that he doesn't do what I did and start biting.

Anyway, time for this daddy to tuck himself in. Bonus post is a bit delayed, but darn it, it will happen!

1 comment:

  1. For gas, there's a trick I used which kept my kidlet relatively gas-free. Start down at the base of the little one's back and do a series of light back pats, gradually moving upward until you're around shoulder-blade level. Then drop back down and do it again. Surprisingly, it -works-. Of course, you tend to get a bit of spit-up as well as belching on occasion. But it works very, very well.

    ReplyDelete