Saturday, January 23, 2010

Four months and going strong

Today was Connor's four month 'birthday' and it was very busy. It started early, with a loud yelp from Connor, who had managed to wedge his leg in between the slats of his crib. He was quickly extracted with no damage, but it was not easy to get back to sleep after that. Well, not for me; the Spud was back to bed in record time.

Connor spent most of the day with his Grandpa Gordon and Grandma Grace (amazing amounts of accurate alliteration...) while Leigh and I went shopping in Virginia. Mind you, most of the shopping was for Connor, as he has been growing faster than we had anticipated and will shortly be in the '9 month' clothing range.

One of the most striking things to me about how much life has changed was how much I missed Connor throughout the day. Leigh and I loved having time to ourselves, but both of us commented on how much we missed him.

When we got back and picked him up, we bathed him, fed him, and got him into bed. We were so busy I almost forgot to take my daily picture of him. (For those who were unaware, I know some people who did a 365 day, 1 picture a day album of themselves and decided that I wanted to do that for Connor. I haven't missed a day yet, although I was technically a couple of hours late once or twice.)

Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more sedate. We need to get some grocery shopping done and I have a beef/venison stew to make, but other than that, I just want to spend some time relaxing with the Spud.

No comments:

Post a Comment