Saturday, January 30, 2010

The four month check up

Real news, for once!

Connor had his four month check up today, which meant some immunizations (he apparently wasn't too pleased about the ones that involved a needle) and "official" measurements.

As of today, at four months and almost a week, Connor tips the scales at a whopping 17 pounds 3 ounces and measures a formidable 25.5 inches. Leigh told me that he was very fussy after the shots, but she eventually managed to get him down for a two hour nap.

When I got home, he was his normal, cheerful self. I was feeling well enough that I got some play time in with him. Connor's favorite new games are "Sitting Up" and "Standing." In both cases, he tries to get there himself, but requires a little assistance before he's in position. With "Sitting Up," he pretty much takes it from there, although he does requires readjustment every so often. "Standing," though, is a slightly more complicated effort.

While Connor supports his weight all by himself, he doesn't exactly have what you could call a sense of balance. But I'm amazed at how long and how well he can stand there with only a little support. I know it's not abnormal, but I've never really thought of how fast a baby can go from a sleeping/eating/pooping machine to a tiny human. This is what I hope this blog can remind me of in the years to come, because goodness knows that it goes by fast when you're living it.

But now, I think the cold meds are starting to kick in, so I'm going to shuffle off to bed. Until tomorrow.

 
(Connor, 10/27/09. An early, practice game of "Standing.")

No comments:

Post a Comment