Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First post

As everyone who knows me is probably already aware, I have a very long commute. As much as I hate having so much of my day sucked away by the drive to and from work, it does give me a lot of time to listen to audio books or just get some thinking in.

The other day, I was thinking about how much I needed to get myself writing again. It didn't matter what I was writing as long as I was keeping myself in practice. I was also thinking about how quickly my son, Connor, had grown in less than four months. Much like the old commercials involving peanut butter and chocolate, a new idea was born.

I'm certainly not the only person keeping a blog about their child. I don't have any plans to load everything down with advice, tips, or hard learned lessons. Quite frankly, I'm new to this whole 'being a dad' thing and I don't feel qualified to give advice to anyone. But this is a way that I can keep in practice and have something tangible to look back on when Connor's older so I can remember what was going through my head at that time.

So for anyone else who may be reading this, I hope you get a couple of laughs. Whether I'm writing this for myself or not, I aim to amuse. And for an older me...just remember how cute The Spud was when this was written, even though he was teething.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, Max. Keep it up. I know Crystal looks back on a lot of her blog posts about Jack, just a few years later, and she loves reminding herself of when she had a little baby.

    -DT

    ReplyDelete